As an industry, we make a lot of assumptions about buyers of premium tickets. One such assumption is that customers who buy premium seats will do it over and over, because they always want the very best. We ran some numbers recently and came up with a few interesting facts about premium buyers:
- 88% of the premium buyers made just one premium purchase in a single year; only 12% made multiple premium purchases.
- For 40% of the customers who purchased a premium ticket, it was their only Telecharge purchase.
- 60% of the premium buyers saw more than one show in a year, but the others were not premium purchases.
- While women are the predominant buyers of theatre tickets, men are the predominant buyers of premium tickets.
- Most premium buyers are from out of town (65%); only 12% are from Manhattan.