What business doesn’t love big data? Knowing more about your customers (and potential customers) improves marketing—and ultimately sales. Think Broadway shows don’t have access to big data? Think again!
Telecharge has been providing its clients and shows with access to big data for years. Our comprehensive customer database contains purchase histories that go back decades. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg, because the wealth of demographic information appended to the file is where the “big” in big data comes in.
Using commercially available sources of information—some actual and some based on models—we can help you understand your customers in a ton of new ways, including income range, education, marital status, general occupation, presence of children, composition of household, age range, gender, ethnicity, religion, and more. We even have Mosaic Lifestyle Segmentation® information available. (Look it up. It might make your eyes glaze over, but it is fascinating.)
We all know that purchase history is the go-to for direct mail marketing. Agencies select customers from the Telecharge database whom they believe are likely to buy tickets to a new show. From that history, most shows look to target “multi-buyers” and avid theatregoers, and they tend to mail to customers who are geographically close to the city. But is that all there is? Of course not…
- Using our data, we can identify out-of-town customers who see more theatre than many locals, making regular trips to NYC to see new shows.
- We can identify early adopters, those who have purchased a show before it opened.
- If you have a family show, we can tell which customers have children and target them.
- Want to limit your selection to customers who have a history of responding to discount offers, maybe just direct mail? We can do that.
- We can build a model and identify customers who might be interested in a show based on certain demographic characteristics and preferences.
In addition to overlaying an incredible breadth of information, Telecharge also maintains an incredibly “clean” list. That means that you won’t be mailing to undeliverable addresses, customers who ordered from their hotel address, bad actors who buy tickets using fraudulent addresses, etc.
And the Telecharge database isn’t only useful for direct mail. Using Telecharge’s big data to target qualified email survey and focus group participants allows shows to have more confidence in the results. Shows have used Telecharge data to identify where to run TV spots; Telecharge customer info can be matched against cable TV viewer data to determine what programming the customers watched.
So next time you’re sending out a direct mail piece or want to target potential buyers, look beyond the obvious and embrace Telecharge’s big data.