Browsing across various shows happens. Based on the research discussed in To Browse or Not to Browse (Part One), it’s clear that—depending on the show—visitors to Telecharge look at events other than the one that brought them to the site.
Knowing that, there is a great deal that can be done to leverage undecided visitors who have the intent to buy. But before we can talk about how to leverage that behavior, it's crucial to try to understand it.
For the many customers who know exactly what show they want, Telecharge is specifically designed to reduce customer distraction once they decide to purchase, with no cross-promotion once a visitor enters a show’s page funnel. Visitors entering from a show site, email, or organic search are deep-linked into the show’s pages on Telecharge and are not distracted by cross-promotional pages or messaging. This creates a super-fast conversion path, with an average site-wide conversion rate of 10%—incredibly high for an e-commerce site.
But for those without a specific show in mind, browsing the site provides a way to understand options, gauge popularity, and research availability and pricing. These customers are usually concerned with comparing ticket prices or researching and evaluating the shows themselves. Of course, the customers comparing prices have already established an interest in one or two shows, so we’re really looking for customers in show evaluation mode.
Telecharge is equipped with several ways to encourage, leverage, and optimize cross-browsing to enable less transaction-focused shoppers to research, compare, and decide:
1. Homepage Merchandising: The hero image slider, Twitter feed, and trending applications on the homepage allow visitors to get a sense of what’s available, what’s being talked about, and what’s popular.
2. Social Plug Ins: Visitors have the opportunity to link their Facebook account and see—in real time—what their friends have viewed and purchased
3. Qualified Cross-Promotional Display Ads: Shows have the opportunity to speak to researchers/discoverers after they leave the site by yielding display ads across the web, buying against the browsing behavior of Telecharge visitors.
How can you best optimize research/discovery browsing for your show specifically? CONTENT.
Your real estate on Telecharge is the space to describe your show for browsing visitors and prompt them to look further. Be sure to aim your show content towards the customers who might be looking at several shows:
• Accurate show summary to let customers know what the show’s really about
• Engaging (and current) videos to capture their attention
• Relevant reviews with meaningful information
• Telecharge TIPs to boost content and guide shopping behavior
The point is that there are many ways to shape cross-browsing behavior on Telecharge and use it to your show’s advantage. If you’re not paying attention to the needs of browsers, you could be leaving money on the table!